Pages

Monday, November 4, 2013

I know I'm not alone because...

Yesterday was Youth Sunday at church. Our theme was "I know I'm not alone because..." and three of our teens shared their testimonies with the congregation. For the past 36 hours I have been pondering that statement.

I know I'm not alone because God is always with me. I gave my life to Christ when I was 6 years old during a VBS that my neighbor had invited me to attend with her. However, I did not start walking with Christ until middle school. Since surrendering my life to Christ, my life has been anything but easy. In fact, over the past 5 years there have been times when my life has been very dark.

About 4 years ago my brother passed away. During that time I became angry with God. I did a lot of questioning and asking "why?". During that time, though it was a very dark period in my life, God was still with me, carrying me through this very painful time.
"For his anger lasts only a moment, but his favor lasts a lifetime; weeping may stay for the night,but rejoicing comes in the morning"--Psalm 30:5 
God was in control, has always been in control, and will continue to be in control. Satan tried to steal my joy but he did not succeed!! "For the joy of the Lord is my strength" --Nehemiah 8:10b

I love the lyrics to Matt Redman's song "Never Once"
Standing on this mountaintop, looking just how far we've come. Knowing that for every step You were with us.
Kneeling on this battle ground. Seeing just how much You've done, knowing every victory was Your power in us.
Scars and struggles on the way. But with joy our hearts can say. Yes, our hearts can say
Never once did we ever walk alone. Never once did You leave us on our own. You are faithful.
Kneeling on this battle ground, seeing just how much You've done. Knowing every victory was Your power in us.

Dear friends, when life gets hard please remember that God is right there with you. Whatever it is that you may be facing, God has your back. He will never leave you. Even when life seems dark, painful and you are unsure, God is with you.



No comments:

Post a Comment