Pages

Friday, August 9, 2013

An open letter to the teens I serve=)

Way back when I was in high school, God told me that I would be working with middle and high school students when I was "older". In high school I didn't know exactly what that looked like, and to be honest, I still do not know exactly where God is going to lead me, but that is the beauty of trusting Him.

In the last 4 years, God has brought some amazing teenagers into my life.

My prayer for you guys is that you would continue to trust in God with everything that you have, and continue to trust Him with every aspect of your lives.God already has every detail of your lives under control.  I pray that you would continue to seek God in everything that you do, and that you would continue to grow in your Faith. Nothing makes me more happier than seeing you guys continue to grow in your walk with Christ.

I pray that you guys would trust me enough to come to me when you are facing difficult situations. I want you all to know how much I love you and I will never judge you. After all, none of us are perfect. We all sin. And I am not claiming to be perfect. It was not that long ago that I was in your shoes, walking the halls of my high school.

When you feel that I am being too hard on you, it's not because I am being mean or don't like you, It's because I love you and I know that you can do better. I want to push you to do your very best. After all, Jesus gave His very best for us when He died on the cross for us.So shouldn't we strive to do/be our very best for Jesus?

Middle school and high school can be tough at times. It's during those years that you are trying to figure out who you are. Remember that you are a child of the ONE true KING! God loves you so much, no matter what it is that you have done, will do, or are facing right now! Nothing we do can ever separate us from the love of God!

I pray that as this school year begins that you would all make good decisions. You all have the power to impact your school in a positive way for Jesus. Continue to walk with Christ and be a light for others.

I pray that your fire for Jesus does not die out. Let's keep those flames burning bright. I am so excited for what this school year is going to bring. I'm even more excited to watch you all discover Jesus in different and new ways. I love you guys so much and am constantly praying for you all. Remember, we are FAMILY!!

No comments:

Post a Comment