Pages

Monday, July 11, 2011

111 reasons why I miss Lakeside already

Everyone says I take way too many pictures, but every picture tells a story, and atleast I'll have the memories=)

Here are the things I miss about Lakeside and the memories I will always have!=)

Senior High Lakeside week #1
1.) I miss the peace you get upon entering Lakeside.  You know that God is present all the time.
2.) I miss my roomies Amanda and Nikki.  God knew what He was doing when He allowed us to be room-mates for the week.
3.) I miss our late night conversations in our bedroom and not being able to fall asleep until 2 in the morning because we had reached our sleep deprived/slap happy stage.
4.) I miss walking around Lakeside with Nikki and Amanda on our first day there....We had a much needed conversation.
5.) I miss playing Apples to Apples and "Things" on the first night for devos.
6.) I miss June and Donna's late night snacks during devos
7.) I miss Rylan and Abby ringing our doorbell nonstop at the girls house
8.) I miss throwing morning watch together almost the night before and having it turn out awesome
9.) I miss hanging out with all the girls after devos.  We were so open with each other about our bodily functions
10.) I miss the "no sex bed" in our bedroom.
11.) I miss the "grandma" blanket
12.) I miss the night we scared the crap outta syd because some of the girls hid in the closet
13.) I miss the night Christy and I were talking on the porch but had to quickly end our convo because we encountered a skunk
14.) I miss the cheese ball trail that Amy and the girls left upstairs that same night
15.) I miss waking up to Amy, Dusty and Taylor sleeping in the hall
16.) I miss us waking Kristi up when she was always the first to fall asleep
17.) I miss syd and I's late night convo
18.) I miss Star Trekin with Jamie.....wait.....i take that back! I do NOT miss that
19.) I miss the day brentlee and Jason came to visit
20.) I miss the ride up to Lakeside when Em said her crotch was cold
21.) I miss the night when White Collar Sideshow performed and I was so freaked out that I thought I was gonna pee myself and I was holding on for dear life to my chair.  I almost had to tell brad to switch me seats.Also that same night the Pig was walking around during the performance and took off his mask and put it on Christy!
22.) I miss Wed night when Heather Williams came and performed and shared her testimony with us! You could tell that the Holy Spirit was working and after she was done it rained big time and that was a sign from God.....its hard to explain unless you were there
23.) I miss seeing brenan dressed up as a gorilla
24.) I miss brian, corey, and brenan yelling "kim......kim.......KIM!"
25.) I miss the auction......nuff said=)
26.) I miss tearing down the prayer path on friday with my youth group.  Seeing all the stations was awesome
27.) I miss eating icecream at the patio with my youth group
28.) I miss eating sloopys with Amanda and Nikki on the first day and trying to decide what topping to get
29.) OF COURSE I MISS THE SHAVING CREAM FIGHT!!!! 
30.) I miss wearing our youth group t-shirts on the wrong day
31.) I miss waking up at the crack dawn
32.) I miss Pastor Todd and Linda coming to our devos on the last night
33.) I miss getting ready for communion with all the girls and of course taking tons and tons of pictures before communion
34.) I miss how "real" we all got with each other on Wed night after hearing heather williams. Great devos that night and people were really sharing things that they were going through
35.) Kill the Pig
36.) No ringy no dingy
37.) I got puppy puddles I got puppy puddles I got puppy puddles!!!!!!!
38.) Having myself as a prayer partner....c'mon now for real how does that even happen???
39.) Donuts from the Patio
40.) Hoping brian would fall off his bike the day we went to sloopys and telling him that someone stole his bike
41.) On the way home from Lakeside alex and I made "honk if you love Jesus" singns
42.) On the way to Lakeside Donna pulled over at the "adult bookstore" as a joke to see if we were paying attention
42.) Watching one of the girls from my youth group and one of the girls from my church accept Christ on friday morning during the altar call!!!=)

Senior High Lakeside week #2
43.) arriving at lakeside a little later than expected, but being completely at ease about it
44.) Dunny's group staying in the same house that we had the week before
45.) Not staying in wohomis but staying in the cabins instead
46.) Ending up in the same cabin with Jami, Karen and her two girls from Lima Trinity
47.) Cracking up and laugning uncontrollable almost every single night at devos
48.) Calling tables with caitlin
49.) eating breakfast with riverside
50.) Caitlin teaching River how to do the "cup dance"
51.) Trying to play viking
52.) learning how to play ninja
53.) watching the two girls in my cabin accept Christ on friday
54.) Eating at sloopys with Kaitlyn
55.) raising enough money to see Kim and Jami do the Bernie on stage
56.) Talking about sharing our testimonies the next night at devos, and then the very next morning one of the youth leaders shared her story and it lined up perfectly with what we had just talked about the night before
57.) Watching the Slow-K
58.) Captain "Merica breaking his leg because Keith, our chaplain told him to jump off the stage
59.) Keith participating in the "whip my hair back n forth" contest
60.) Shanna coming to visit for the day and sending me to the wrong gate
61.) Our Liturgical dance interest group....nuff said=)
62.) Zumba with Jami during free time
63.) Watching neal Zumba
64.) 'MERICA and all its glory
65.) Neal taking some of the kenton guys around in the golf cart one evening (it was decorated too) shouting "who's number one? Jesus!!! Who's number two? 'MERICA!!!!"
66.) Nick sleeping in a hammock outside the boys cabin and zak sleeping in a one person person tent because they thought the cabin smelled like "man stink"
67.) Shelley steam  cleaning all the mattresses in her cabin
68.) Zak hiding in the rafters in our cabin and jumping down and scaring Jami and I
69.) becoming like family with everyone in the cabins
70.) Coming up with a pretty sweet morning watch
71.) Zak talking his way outta a golf cart ticket
72.) Sharing our testimonies at devos
73.) White Collar Sideshow being such a powerful night
74.)Spending time with WCSS in Wesley before they left
75.) Trying to play mafia on the last night during devos
76.) Not being able to say 'MERICA at devos or else you'd owe $2 to missions
77.) Playing "if you really knew me" that same night at devos and Zak says "If you really knew me you'd know that 'MERICA is my favorite country!!" Everyone just lost it!!
78.) Jenna and Christy coming up for communion and spending the night and our adventures on the way home
79.) Spending the afternoon with Rylan at the yellow house making crafts
80.) The night Trisha, Vickie and Kassidee came up for the day we went to the patio for icecream and we took ridiculous pics and then trisha kicked my icecream=(

Junior High Lakeside
81.) Rushing upstairs so we could get the bed we wanted
82.) staying in wohomis
83.) pizza at sloopy's with the girls
84.) going to the park with the girls
85.) FIREWORKS
86.) spending the week with my best friend Nichole
87.) Being able to feel God's presence and knowing that he was up to something
88.) Teaching the dance IG all by myself
89.) Having brittany tell me that we had almost the exact same story
90.) SHORT PEOPLE
91.) Being able to pray with my girls
92.) Icecream with Jeff and Mel
93.) Being able to pray with people in the community
94.) seeing so much talent at the talent show
95.) Alathea
96.) the "ooooo ooooo ooooo oooooo" song
97.) Star Trekin
98.) Cupid shuffle
99.) Taking communion with my girls
100.) being able to dance at communion with some of the girls who learned the "hallelujah" dance
101.) "shower time with shelley" (inside joke)
102.) paige ethan and lauren came up for communion
103.) seeing some of my fav kenton guys from sr high week 2 come up and visit
104.) Being a part of the most stylish youth group ever bc we rocked those glasses from maryilans and those masks on the last day
105.) Coffee and Cream
106.) Pastor Todd
107.) Not wanting to leave
108.) Zak sleeping in the hammock in south
109.) the friendships made with our CITs(they rocked)
110.) Nichole taking way too many pics of herself on my camera
111.) laughing so hard i almost cried


Ohhhh Lakeside I miss you already and cant wait til next year!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment